The Acousticom 2
The Acousticom 2 is an easy to use, accurate, microwave RF measurement instrument which is ideal for carrying around.
It uses the same advanced microwave detector as the Acoustimeter.
The Acousticom 2 was designed using the experience gained from many years of practical RF and microwave measurements. The advanced RF detector is the same as that used in the Acoustimeter. LED lights display the peak levels of microwave electromagnetic fields from 200 MHz up to over 8000 MHz (8 GHz), covering the frequencies used by most modern communication systems encountered in our everyday environment. This includes TETRA, all mobile phone systems including 4G/LTE, Smart Meters, and all WiFi and WiMax frequencies. The LEDs update rapidly, and allow you to quickly gauge the levels in an area and find any hot-spots. Its readout is sensitive to 0.01 V/m.
When first turned on the Acousticom 2 is silent. The sound may be turned on and off by pressing the button. The Acousticom 2 also has an “alarm” sounder which emits a pulsing warning at higher exposure levels. If the alarm is not required, then it is easy to disable it each time when you turn the Acousticom 2 on. The demodulated sounds allow you to determine, with a small amount of practice, what type of device is creating the pulsing microwave levels that are present. These features make the instrument the most useful and practical one available – even for people with severe electrosensitivity.
- A line of coloured LEDS displaying Peak exposure levels in V/m
- Measurement range: 200 – 8 000 MHz ±6 dB
- Sensitivity (Peak Display): 0.01 – 6.00 volts per metre (V/m)
0.01 0.02 0.05 0.1 0.3 1.0 3.0 6.0 V/m; (0.5 to 100,000 µW/m)2
- The speaker may be switched on and off
- An alarm sounder at higher exposure levels (may be disabled)
- Power source: 1x PP3/MN1604 9 volt Alkaline or Rechargeable
- Power draw: 40 to 90 mA (depends on the sound volume)
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours continuous with normal alkaline battery
» Low battery indicator light
» – the green ‘on’ light turns red
- Size (mm): 110 x 63 x 21 (LxWxD); Weight: 140g incl. battery
- Acousticom 2 Specs